5 Ways To Have an Active Holiday
Health and fitness holidays are one of the hottest trends in travel right now. It seems that people love the idea of having a tailor-made health and wellness holiday that provides a rejuvenating experience for your mind, body, and soul.Considering the increasing levels of chronic lifestyle conditions such as obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes, stress, and corporate burn-out, it's no wonder this type of holiday is becoming more popular.
But what is the recipe for the perfect active holiday? There are a few key ingredients that you need to consider that will help to ensure you have a positive experience.
First, you need to be transported into an exceptionally beautiful environment, far away from your usual routines and daily stress.
Next, ensure that you are well nourished with delicious high quality, whole foods.
Third, be educated and empowered with a well-planned variety of results driven exercise, active adventure, and knowledge that can used to continue to enhance your health and wellbeing when you return back home.
Some of the benefits of having a health and fitness holiday may include:
- You get to make the outdoors your gym, embrace your inner adventurer, and participate in a great range of activities that you don't normally get the opportunity to do in your normal daily life.
- You get a greater insight into the country and culture you are visiting while enjoying a large range of health and fitness activities.
- Single travellers can travel safely, meeting like-minded people in a fun, friendly and welcoming environment.
- Taking time to completely relax on warm, tropical beaches and a stress-free environment allows you to totally unwind and calm your mind. You allow yourself to get the head space you need to contemplate and initiate lifestyle choices to create positive change in your life.
- Everything is organised for you and you don't have to worry about a thing! Healthy food options are provided, daily activities and relaxation time is timetabled into your day, and all you need to do is join in the fun, adventure and inspiration! You will feel great during your time away, but you will feel even better in the weeks and months after your return.
Restart Health Escapes provide health and fitness holidays in exotic locations that blend fitness training, active adventure and sightseeing, yoga and meditation training, healthy eating, wellness education, and resort style accommodation.
As one of the major sponsors of the 12 Week Challenge, Restart Health Escapes is offering all Goodlife members a $250 discount on any of their 2015 overseas healthy holidays. More details are available at www.restartescapes.com.au.