Almond And Goji Brownies
make time:15 mins | stand time: 1 hour | quantity: 20cm x 20cm tray
2 cups whole walnuts
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup goji berries
1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
¼ tsp. good quality sea salt
- Line a shallow square baking dish or tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Processwalnuts until finely ground. Add the cacao and salt and pulse to combine.
- Add the dates, one at a time, and process till no large chunks remain.
- Pinch the mixture together between your fingers - if it holds it's shape it's the right consistency. If not, add cold water, 1 tbs at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Empty the walnut-cacao mix into the prepared tray and mix the chopped almonds and goji berries through with a wooden spoon.
- Press down firmly and evenly and place in freezer for about an hour.
- Slice into squares to serve.
TIP: Try using roasted almonds for a real flavour punch! Will keep in the freezer, in an airtight container for up to two weeks