Baked Eggs Recipe
1 tsp olive oil
½ red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
½ red capsicum, deseeded & diced
½ yellow capsicum, deseeded & diced
½ green capsicum, deseeded & diced
400g tin crushed tomatoes
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and drizzle with oil.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, paprika and thyme and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add diced capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then cover and continue to simmer for around 25 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through parsley.
- Make 4 holes in the mixture and add the eggs.
- Cover and continue to cook until eggs are cooked.
Energy: 906kJ (216.5 Cals) Protein: 17g Fat: 9.5g (sat 3.2g) Carbs: 15.3g (Sugar 11.3g) Fibre: 4.8g