Baked Steak And Chips
Olive oil spray
250g fillet steak
300g kipfler potatoes
1 rosemary sprig (or other fresh herbs, such as oregano or thyme)
250g cherry tomatoes
2 tsp pine nuts, toasted
1 tbs hot English mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spray steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small stovetop-proof baking dish on a very high heat, then add meat.
- Sear for a couple of minutes on both sides until brown and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into wedges, place in baking dish with rosemary and spray with oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Add steak and tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove steak to rest for 5 minutes, return baking dish with chips and tomatoes to the oven and turn oven off.
- Thinly slice steak (it should be medium rare) and serve with rocket and tomato, squeezing two tomatoes over for a dressing.
- Scatter over pine nuts, serve with chips and mustard.
Energy: 1221KJ (292 Cals) Protein: 30g Fat: 8.6g (sat 2.3g) Carbs: 22g (Sugar 3.9g) Fibre: 4.4g