Cauliflower, Mushroom & Rocket Pizza
1 tbs chia seeds
1 head cauliflower (around 600g), roughly chopped with stems
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp butter
100g mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp dried thyme
30g goats cheese feta, crumbled
2 tbs parmesan, finely grated
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Soak chia seeds in 1/4 cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor to form a crumb. Place in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for about 8 minutes (or until cauliflower has softened).
- Once cool enough to handle, place in a clean tea towel or clean disposable cloth and squeeze out all the liquid, retaining the water to use later.
- Mix together cauli 'flour' with egg and chia seed mixture, then spread out to an oval shape on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook for 20 minutes, then flip pizza over and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden.
- Heat butter in a small frypan and add mushrooms, thyme leaves, 1 tbs of cauliflower water and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes over medium heat or until beginning to soften.
- Scatter mushrooms over pizza base, sprinkle over both cheeses and cook for 10 minutes.
- Toss rocket with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and scatter over pizza to serve.
Energy: 1188.6kj Carbs: 7.8g Fibre: 12.3g Sat Fat: 8g Sugar: 6.3g Protein: 16.9g Fat: 17.9g