Chicken And Eggplant Stir Fry
1 tsp canola oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
250g chicken fillets, thinly sliced & sprayed with oil
100g Lebanese eggplant, sliced on the diagonal
2 garlic cloves, crushed & finely chopped
4 baby bok choy, quartered
2 tsp sesame seeds
¼ cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
¾ tsp cornflour
2 tbs chicken stock
1 garlic clove, crushed & finely chopped
1 tsp soy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs Shaoxing Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- Start by making the sauce. Blend cornflour with stock and add garlic, soy, oil, wine and chilli then set aside.
- Heat wok over very high heat. Add oil and saute onion and ginger. Push onion mixture to the sides of wok and add chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and garlic and stir fry with chicken and onion mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Add bok choy and sauce and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame and coriander.
Energy: 1226kJ (292 Cals) Protein: 32.9g Fat: 15.6g (sat 2.6g) Carbs: 3.7g (Sugar 2.6g) Fibre: 5.1g