Chocolate Hazelnut Nests
1 tbs cocoa powder
10g puffed quinoa
65g wheat bran (or all bran)
35g hazelnuts, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
7 prunes, finely chopped
2 tbs hot water
150g dark coverture chocolate
2 tsp olive oil
36 coloured chocolate eggs
- Combine cocoa powder, quinoa, wheat bran, hazelnuts and a pinch of salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Simmer prunes and water for a few minutes, then puree to a pulp.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until melted.
- Gradually stir through prunes, a little at a time, until blended. Stir in oil.
- Pour chocolate mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press into a tray with 12 semi-circle moulds or a mini muffin tray and refrigerate until set.
- Decorate nests with coloured eggs just before serving.
NOTE: The below nutritional information is for nests only. Calories will vary depending on the chocolate eggs added.
Energy: 973.3kj Carbs: 21.7g Fibre: 3.7g Sat Fat: 6.9g Sugar: 16.5g Protein: 3.8g Fat: 14g