Healthy Take on Chocolate Slice
120g pitted dates, chopped
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups instant oats
1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
75g walnuts, chopped
100g 70% dark chocolate melt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a small rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
2. Blend together half of the dates with 1/2 cup of water until smooth. Add egg, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix well until just blended.
3. In a bowl combine oats, flour, 50g walnuts and remaining dates.
4. Add date and egg mixture to dry mix, stir to combine and pour into baking tray, smoothing with a wet knife.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool in a pan.
6. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
7. Once melted, spread over the top of the slice and sprinkle with remaining walnuts, pressing them into the warm chocolate.
8. Allow to cool, then cut into 12 even bars.
Energy: 634.6kj Carbs: 14.1g Fibre: 2.7g Sat Fat: 2.5g Sugar: 9.3g Protein: 3.5g Fat: 8.7g