Healthy Breakfast Idea
Homemade granola3 cups of oats
1 cup of shredded coconut
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup of pecans
1/4 cup of cashews
1/4 cup of walnuts
1/4 cup of crushed macadamias
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1/4 cup of pepitas
1/4 cup of cranberries or goji berries
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
Sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon
4 Tablespoons of good quality honey
Coyo (this is a yoghurt alternative that is gluten free, dairy free and soy free. It is made from coconut milk and can be found at your local health food store)
Fresh seasonal fruit
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
2. Mix the oats, coconut, nuts, seeds and cranberries/goji berries together in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle with the nutmeg and cinnamon and stir well.
4. Spread the mix onto a large non-stick baking tray.
5. Bake for around 20 minutes. Stir frequently to ensure that the mix is cooking evenly.
6. Finally drizzle the honey over the top and continue to cook for another few minutes until golden.
7. Allow the mixture to cool before assembling. Simply layer as much or as little of the homemade granola, fruit and coyo as you like.
Tips from Jess:
I like to serve my coyo parfait in a glass handled jar. Not only do the layers look gorgeous but it is also a great way to get a filling and healthy breakfast into you when you're running out the door in the morning!
Place a small scoop of the oat and nut mix in the bottom of your jar. Follow with a tablespoon of coyo and fresh fruit. Repeat these layers until your jar is full! I love to utilise whatever fresh fruit is available to me each season. Take advantage of the beautiful summer fruits out at the moment such as mango, passionfruit and cherries! This recipe makes enough for our family of 4 to enjoy for the entire week! Store in an airtight container to make sure it stays crunchy and fresh! Enjoy! xx