Immunity Boost Soup Recipe
250g rice noodles
Olive oil spray
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 tsp sambal oelek (minced chilli)
6g ginger, grated
300g rainbow salad or grated beetroot, carrot & broccoli stems
4 cups vegetable stock
400g tin lentils, well rinsed
400g tin chickpeas, well rinsed
2 tbs white miso (2 tsp per serve)
1 lemon wedge
2 tbs parsley, chopped
1. Cook rice noodles as per packet directions.
2. Heat a large saucepan over high heat, spray with oil and cook onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for a few minutes.
3. Add mixed vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add stock, bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add lentils and chickpeas, return to a simmer, then remove from heat.
6. To serve, divide rice noodles between bowls. Add 2 tsp miso (per serve) to hot soup and veggie mix, then pour over noodles.
7. Add a squeeze of lemon and some parsley.