Mixed Berry Spelt Muffin Recipe
1 1/2 cups wholemeal spelt flour 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 large egg, lightly whisked
2 cups mixed frozen berries
1 tbs shredded coconut, to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 12-cup muffin tray with 10 muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
3. Warm coconut oil and maple syrup together to combine.
4. Add egg, milk, oil/ syrup to dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are combined. Gently fold through half the berries.
5. Divide mixture between 10 muffin cups. Top with remaining berries and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Scatter over coconut and continue to cook for a further 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
7. Remove muffins from oven, and place on a wire rack to cool.