Strawberry And Cream Tart
This delicious recipe from social media's queen of raw desserts, Nicole Joy, is perfect for Sunday brunch, the simplicity of this tart, topped with big juicy strawberries is hard to beat. But raspberries, blueberries or a combination of all three would also be just as delicious.
Prep time: overnight | make time: 30 minutes | stand time: 8 hours | qty: 1 x 22 cm tart | serves: 10
½ cup macadamias
½ cup almonds
½ cup pecans
½ cup oats
½ cup dessicated coconut
1 tbsp sunflowers seeds
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
6 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1 tsp coconut oil (to grease)
- Grease the tart tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- Process the nuts, oats, coconut, sunflower seeds and ground flaxseed until crumbly. Add the cranberries and mix well.
- Add the dates, one at a time and process until no large chunks remain. Taste and adjust - now's the time to add the syrup if needed.
- Pulse again.
- Pinch the mixture together between your fingers - if it holds its shape it's the right consistency. If not, add cold water, 1 Tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Press crust down evenly along the bottom and sides of the tart tin and place in the freezer while you prepare the cream filling.
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight - rinsed well
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup coconut cream + extra
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of light coloured fresh fruit
(banana, mango, peaches, pineapple)
- Blend all ingredients together, starting with 1 cup of coconut cream, until smooth.
- Gradually add the extra coconut cream until the entire mixture is smooth and churning consistently.
- You may need to regularly stop the blender and scrape down the sides with a spatula to allow for a well combined mixture.
- Taste. Sweet enough? Adjust if desired.
- Remove the prepared base from freezer and pour the cream filling on top.
- Return to freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight for best results.
Slice tart into even sized pieces while still frozen and soften at room temperature for 1 hr before serving. Top with fresh strawberries. Best kept in the freezer until needed. Will keep in the fridge for 2 - 3 days.
Tip: For a gluten-free version try using quinoa flakes instead!