Zucchini Pasta Recipe
1 tbs olive oil
1 red capsicum, deseeded & chopped
1 orange capsicum, deseeded & chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
400g tin crushed tomatoes
1 tbs red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
40g parmesan, finely grated
- Heat a frypan over low heat. Add 1 tsp of oil, add capsicum, garlic and oregano and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vinegar and cook for another 10 minutes then, using a stick blender, blitz to a chunky sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Trim ends off zucchini and, with a mandolin or spaghetti strip peeler, peel into long spaghetti-like strands.
- Heat a frypan over high heat. Add remaining oil and sauté zucchini for a few minutes to warm through.
- Add sauce and pine nuts, heat through and scatter over parsley and parmesan to serve.
Note: if you don't have either, use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons, then use a knife to cut strands.
Energy: 1770.9kj Carbs: 14.4g Sat Fat: 7.6g Sugar: 13.9g Protein: 15.9g Fat: 31.7g